I just love sunny days and Saturdays
What a day it has been. I was in dire need of a day like today and if I was any more relaxed I would grab some candles, slip into a hot bath and snooze awhile. Yes, it was that good of a day. I currently have a Vin Deisle movie playing while my first load of laundry is in the washer. I don't really watch any movies but I love his voice so I listen whilst I do other things ;-).
I did indeed go to the library but I need to back up before I get started on that particular adventure. I opened my e-mail and found one from my neice Amber who said my brother Jim had tried to get ahold of me while my phone was off. Since he has never called me before (well the exception was my birthday this year, however, prior to that I had never got a long distance call from him before), my first thought was that something was seriously wrong with our mom. So I called and he said no, everything was fine, she had just been wanting to talk to me and he called from her house. I explained the phone SNAFU Travy created and let him know that mine was back on again. Then I called mom and chatted for quite some time. She is so sad. Long story but I know she feels out of her element and is missing Colorado very badly.
Then it was off to the library where I spent several hours in their bookstore, scoring 27 books (2 of them hardcovers) for 14 bucks!!! Talk about a thrill, finding stuff I was looking for and discovering some new authors I'd never heard of. I have enough books to last me a month or 6 weeks, I hope :D Then I went into the actual library to pick up a book Travis asked for but they didn't have it so I got him The Davinci Code since I knew he was wanting to read that too. Pretty good day for books!
On the way back over the Pali (hyway) I decided to stop at the Pali Lookout and just see what I could or would see. When you live somewhere and pass something many, many times without stopping, finally your curiousity has to get the upper hand on you. So I made a point of stopping and took a couple pictures. Nothing spectacular but it was kinda cool and I could see alot from up there. I still haven't figured out how to work the damn new phone to send the pics but at least I took a couple.
Then I headed to the grocery outlet store and bought a few things, stopped at Savers to pick up a pair of pants for my irresponsible son and a new backpack for myself. Came home and fixed myself some coconut chicken, mmmmmmmmm, and now I think I need a vanilla wafer or ten :D I need to go Google something so will end this for now.
Sorry, never quite made it back to post this. Here ya go....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home