No Problem
The day started out normally enough. I got in my car to head to work, no problem. Started it up, no problem. Pulled out of the driveway, no problem. Started down the street, no problem. Looked in the drivers sideview mirror and although not really a problem, there sat a small gecko. As I turned the corner he grabbed the edge of the mirror and held on for dear life, staring at me as if I were out to kill him. As I slowed for the "S" curve in the road, he skiddaddled inside, behind the mirror. I figured he would be safe there until I got to work and sincerely hoped he would stay there until then, too.
He only stayed there until I hit the first stop light and then he crawled back up on top, jetted into the car onto the dashboard, straight down to where it meets the windshield, stared out the window like he could drive better, turned around and skittered to the edge of the dashboard right above the steering wheel and stared at me some more. I feared he would jump over and end up in my shirt or something so in order to avoid killing us both, I grabbed a large envelope from the passenger seat, scooped him up and put him in the passenger seat. He ran down the other side of it out of my line of vision and didn't cause any further issues. I now have a gecko living somewhere in my car. Hopefully it will bring good luck like a cricket in the house :D
In a way I think he did bring me some luck since I arrived in one piece and in a good mood. The day went fast and my last delivery tipped me enough to buy a pack of smokes. I really am easy to keep happy as long as I have my nicotine. No problem ;-)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home