Sunday, April 17, 2005

Is it Monday yet?

I never thought I would look forward to a Monday coming (on a Saturday no less) but this weekend has turned out to be rather long. And though my neck muscles are knotted up tighter than.....aww heck, I can't even come up with a good analagy for this tightness, I very much have the desire to do great bodily harm to Travis. He has been the recipient of several tounge lashings today but they were well deserved. But in my defense, I haven't killed or maimed anyone.

But I have gotten ahead of myself here. It was a horrible week that started last Sunday. A friend from work called to see if I wanted to go fishing and being a lover of that activity and having NOT been in 2 1/2 years, I readily agreed. No problem. But it was a tad breezy out there and in my struggles to keep my line out of the tree while casting against the breeze, I bent over just enough that my cell phone fell out of the case and the back half of it (with the battery) landed in the water after bouncing off the boulders I was perched on. Just between the boulders and about a foot farther than I could reach. Well shit. I am there to fish, by cracky, and fish I will. I cast out again and the damn breeze is more like a gust, carrying my line back into the tree. It is at this point I add several more sinkers to the line and once it is far out in the ocean I pulled out my book and started reading to calm myself.

Phone is gone, I have caught nothing but a sunburn, but I had a decent time in spite of my mishaps. Travis comes home late and is furious that I have not answered my phone all day. Seems he was in the hospital and they couldn't reach me. No shit? Well excuse me for being unreachable. It figures the one day I would really need the darn thing is the day it decided to dive for the ocean floor. This should have been my first clue to what the week would bring. Color me clueless.

He stayed home all week until Wednesday and of course went in for payday to get his moola. His task was to pick up a new battery for me and a charger for his phone (don't even get me started on this subject) and a carton of smokes. He did do these tasks but decided to get toasted with one of his lady friends and never came home that night. I remain calm, thinking I will have my phone the next day. Yeah, right, what WAS I thinking? He left everything in a bag in the cab he doesn't remember getting into but recalls getting out of at another bar. So I force him to use a neighbors phone to call the cab company to see if it was turned in. He says they said yes but lost & found is closed for the day to try again the next morning. He calls L&F on Friday and they say no, in fact, they don't have anything fitting his description.

I want to throttle him, I really do. I have just sunk every penny into the new car and don't get paid til next Wednesday and it isn't even the phone loss that disturbs me the most. It is the absense of my one nasty vice/habit that has me spitting nails for the weekend. Yes, I am talking about my nicotine. He is fortunate that I have coffe in the house or his things would be out in the rain right now, him along with them.

I keep telling myself that it could be worse (and I know it could), that I still live in Hawaii and how can one be despondant in paradise, but withdrawls are withdrawls wherever you are so YES it can be said that I am more than a tad cranky.

So how was your week?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home